Exit & Emergency Lighting Installation and Repair
Emergency lights are a must have in any work environment. Exit lights provide lighting in corridors, stairwells, ramps, escalators and exit passageways. They ensure the safety of everyone who enters your building, they are also mandated by law. Having your lights fail during a real emergency is the last thing you would want in a crisis. Routine maintenance of emergency/exit lights are often overlooked until a real emergency occurs, this is a common problem for most businesses.
Are your emergency lights damaged and need repair? Do you have a code violation that needs to be corrected? So-Cal StateFire Protection offers full service exit & emergency lighting installations, inspections and repairs.
- Exit Lighting - required by law in all places of business and employment.
- Emergency Lighting - also required by law, this provides illumination to find exits during power outage with backup power supply.
- Photoluminescent Signs - the glow-in-the-dark signs ensure you never buy another exit or emergency light again. Tax deductible and eco-friendly.
- Batteries - Keep your exit lights, save on costs of replacements, we can special order any type of battery you might need.
Call (619) 501-1715 to speak to a service representative
Emergency Lighting & Exit Sign Requirements
- Exit and directional signs shall have a luminance on the face of such signs of not less than 50 lux.
- The words used on such signs shall be in block letters at least 6 inches in height with a stroke of not less than 3/4 inch.
- Letters shall be of such color or design as to be in strong contrast to the background of the sign.
- Arrows or other directional symbols shall be of equal visibility to that stipulated herein for letters.
- Any room or building having an occupant load of 50 or less
- Dwellings units in Group R, Division 1 Occupancies
- When approved, the main exterior exit doors obviously and clearly identifiable as exits. (Title 24, Part 2, Section 2-3312(c)(3).)
Electrically Illuminated Signs
- Exit and exit directional signs are required to be electrically illuminated and shall be lighted with two electric lamps.
- Radioactive isotope self powered signs with a luminance of not less than 0.02 lamberts during its useful life will be acceptable.
(Title 24, Part 2, Section 2-3312(c)(2).)
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code; and Section 18943(c), Health and Safety Code.
Subchapter 7. General Industry Safety Orders
Group 1. General Physical Conditions and Structures Orders
Article 2. Standard Specificationshttps://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/3216.html